My mom is visiting because Deliah has a choir performance coming up this week. So mom came up on Sunday to visit before hand. She's in the second round of chemo treatment and amazes me every single day. A 'slow' day for my mom is like a busy day for 99% of the population, and she's kicking cancer's ass.
Today we went shopping. Okay, we went to Cosco so technically, not shopping. But really, Cosco has everything! We took Caelan with us. That girl adores shopping. She loves to pick things out but never, ever asks for anything. She will say 'this is cute' or 'look at that mama', but I have never heard her say 'can I have' or 'I want'. Unbelievable really, but the truth. So they had some super cute Hanna Andersson dresses for $14 each. If you have kids, you've probably seen them and they don't come cheap-a play dress is almost $40 and while they are excellent quality and super cute, I can't justify $40 on a play dress. Anyway, I pointed them out to Caelan because I figured, for that price I'd buy two. She touched every single one, commented on the colors and then picked out the ones she loved. She did the same for the $8 pj sets. She cracks me up because she is so serious, she's like a little adult when it's time to make a decision.
We ended up at Olive Garden for lunch-soup salad and bread sticks anyone? I think our waiter smoked himself some meth before his shift. OMG. Really, he listed, in rapid fire order, every single ingredient in the salad, followed by the soup and the breadsticks. He then took forever to bring us our food. We finally have our salad and my mom has put about half of hers on the plate while I just take a bit at a time out of my salad (he put two on the table since we each ordered one, whatev). So out of nowhere, he speeds to the table, picks up my mom's salad and dumps the rest of it into my salad?!? Takes the bowl and leaves. 2 minutes later, he's back with 2 small bowls that he dumps into the combined salad bowl, one is black olives, the other is dressing. He runs away again(we haven't exchanged any words with him at all). Back again, this time he dumps in croutons and tomatoes. Okay, wtf right? 5 minutes later, he's back with a new salad and takes away the other. The guy was a freakin' case and all we could do was laugh. Really, who does that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment